Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"Sometimes we just get through it, and that's all we can ask for."

Firenze, Italy


So, as much as I enjoy writing in my journal, there's something about typing my thoughts that allows me to better express them. Thus, at approximately 2 AM EST on the 22nd of September, 2009, this blog was born.

I won't say how religiously I'll write on here because I honestly do not know. I don't want to force anything - I want my writing to be easy, flowing and natural (while I'm on it, I'd also like life to be this way...but one thing at a time, right?).

Now is not one of those times, but it seemed necessary to write something in honor of my blog's creation.

“Everyone eventually leaves the game. Imagine for a moment you’re attending a testimonial dinner in honor of your retirement from competition. Maybe you’re retiring after high school or college or at the end of a professional career. Maybe you’re a weekend warrior. Your friends are at the banquet and so are all your coaches, former teammates and those you competed against. Each one stands up and says a few words about your character and how you played the game. What would they say? What would you want them to say?”

amore per sempre,
mers.

No comments:

Post a Comment