Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Milwaukee Blog #1



My third day in Milwaukee has barely started yet, and already I feel like I have done so much. I’m still waiting on my mom to bring up the rest of my luggage, my dresser, and my mini file cabinet, and then I have five boxes that should be here tomorrow as well. But I love my apartment – SO much more room than I had last year, and windows to boot! My roommates, Nancy and Meiyan, and I are getting along really well thus far; it’s helped that we’ve been chatting back and forth all summer. We all have similar interests and outlooks on life, which I love.
Our apartment is on the outskirts of Marquette University, and owned by realty group that seems to employ only Russians. Which, don’t get me wrong, is totally awesome – our landlord, Gary, is a Russian silver fox with an awesome accent. We’re right off a main street, too, so there are a handful of bars, restaurants and shopping within walking distance. We stopped by an Irish pub called Murphy’s last night, got a pitcher of draft Strongbow, and chatted about life, and ended up getting serenaded by a group of drunk college boys. They sang, “All I Have To Give” by the Backstreet Boys – all around a good first night in Milwaukee ☺.

No comments:

Post a Comment